Notícia del Newsletter May 2017

DO Empordà Wine Route

The fourth edition of Vívid closed with 1,635 attendees and an average occupation of 83% per activity and the DO Empordà Wine Route achieved seventh position in the annual ranking of the Spanish Association of Wine Cities.

Vívid 2017 registered 1,635 participants at the 46 activities and wine tourism proposals that took place during April in the Alt and Baix Empordà Counties, with an average occupation of 83%. Wine tourists mainly come from Catalonia: 55% from the Girona region, 38% from the province of Barcelona, and the remaining 7% from other areas of Catalonia and from abroad. 55% of the attendees took part in the Vívid proposals with their partner, while the other 45% did so with their partner and friends.

The Spanish Association of Wine Cities (ACEVIN), to which the DO Empordà Wine Route has belonged since 2014, published the annual report of the 24 Spanish wine routes, placing the Empordà route in seventh position. The DO Empordà Wine Route closed 2016 with 110,573 visitors, of whom 47,350 visited the 26 wineries of which it is made up and 63,223 chose the three museums that belong to it.

© 2020 Patronat de Turisme Costa Brava Girona